Saturday, January 16, 2016

Train Up A Child...

I can't remember the very first time I learned about the Nazis, but I'm certain it was at a young age. It's entirely possible that my first understanding of Hitler's regime came from watching the Indiana Jones trilogy (long before they made the crazy fourth one about Communists and extra-terrestrials). In the first and third films, the Nazis are strongly connected to the main antagonists - rival archaeologists trying to obtain a powerful, legendary artifact for Hitler's use before Indy can get to it and archive it in a museum. Through the portrayal of the Nazis in those films, I likely got my first impressions of them. I learned the following: 1. they were German; 2. they were evil; 3. they wanted to rule the world. It would be years later that I would learn about the horrors of the Holocaust and the war that brought them to ruin, but in my tender youth I could summarize my thoughts of them by quoting Dr. Jones' famous line: "Nazis... I hate these guys!"

Some time later, probably upon the prodding of some elementary school assignment, I was tasked with inquiring of my parents about my heritage. I learned from my Dad that through his family I am part Irish. When I asked my mother about her family, I was initially horrified when she told me that I was part German. In my young mind, I instantly equated that to mean I had some evil Nazi ancestry. I was so relieved when Mom explained how all Germans were not Nazis and that our family left Germany long before the Nazis existed.

There is a strong movement today to instill in the hearts and minds of young people the idea that the Confederacy and southerners of the antebellum-era should be thought of the same way that I did about the Nazis at such an impressionable age.

I was in high-school when I first heard a teacher suggest that the Confederacy equaled treason and racism. I was blessed to have had it happen not in my formative years, but at a point in my life when I was bent toward finding things out for myself and mentally capable of doing so ... and that's exactly what I did. It was that moment that sparked my life-long study of the Confederacy, and as any honest, logical study of the topic will, it lead me to find that the Confederacy was not about treason & slavery, but that it was about the exact same thing the American Revolution was about - FREEDOM FROM TYRANNY!

If a child is taught the wrong way about anything from an early age onward, it will be much harder to instill in it's mind the truth later down the road. The opposite is also true, however, and that is why it is so important for parents and other adults in the home to be involved with teaching them the truth about many things from birth onward.

Teach your youth about their honorable Confederate heritage, heroes, and symbols! Do not let the liberals in the media & academia indoctrinate them with lies and untruths. If you do, they will gasp in horror when they learn of their Confederate bloodline, and they will despise that part of their history which is so worthy of pride!

NO DESCENDANT OF A CONFEDERATE VETERAN SHOULD EVER BE MADE TO FEEL ASHAMED OF SUCH A NOBLE AND HONORABLE BLOODLINE...
ESPECIALLY NOT A CHILD!

DEO VINDICE!
- Jonathan McCleese
Sergeant-at-Arms, SCV Camp #1321

3 comments:

  1. Diane Sprouse HutchensJanuary 16, 2016 at 7:27 PM

    Didn't know we had a group here in Michigan. Wonderful. I am a direct descendant of a Confederate solider but alas I'm a female and all of the males have passed. And a relative of the James boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a kind message! Even though membership to the SCV is limited to male-descendants of Confederate veterans, you are eligible and invited to become a Friend of the SCV (FOSCV). You can do so by going to www.scvheritagedefense.org and then scroll down the page to find the instructions for becoming a FOSCV.

      There is also a chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy in Michigan. If you would be interested in joining the UDC, you can go to www.hqudc.org/membership and find further information there for how to join.

      Thanks again for your kind comment! God bless you and God bless The South!

      Delete
  2. Very nice article Jon! As heirs of our Southern ancestry, we must always remember that we are genteel ladies and gentlemen and after all, our love of our heritage is much greater than the hatred our adversaries' hurl upon it.

    Confederately,
    Jim Perkins

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are most welcome, but keep in mind that this is not a forum for debate. Keep all comments respectful, clean (no "foul language"), and on topic of the post. If you need information about the camps, the SCV, or how to join this organization, please refer to the links provided in the sidebar on the right of the page. Thanks!